Friday, December 17, 2010

Going to the Movie?

Hey, reading fans, school's going to be out for holiday the break soon, maybe even today for some of you! Hope you all have a lot of fun. Speaking of fun, there will be a lot of movies coming out over the holidays and there's one already out that guy readers would especially want to see. I'm talking, of course, about The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by the incredible C.S. Lewis. We have a lot of Narnia fans out there and for good reason--these books are great reads!! They're chock-full of adventure and magic and they keep you flipping pages until the very end. Well, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite of all the Narnia books. I'll never forget the first time I read it--it was summer and I was able to stay up late reading. So I got this out one night, intending to read a few pages--and stayed up until 3:00 am! And rarely have I been as entranced with a book as I was that night, staying up late and sailing with Caspian and Eustace and the Pevensie kids and Reepicheep to the very end of the world. So let me ask--have any of you read it? Did you like it as much as I did? (and don't stay up so late unless you have permission form your parents!) Do you plan to see the movie? Have you already seen it? Did you like it? Write in and let us know!
PS--click here to see my review of the Dawn Treader audiobook!

3 comments:

sachin said...

I AM AN INDIAN AND THE BIGGEST FAN OF NARNIA AND ASLAN ON EARTH .

Loved All 3 Narnia Films.

LOVED THE SCENE IN NEW NARNIA FILM WHEN ASLAN COMES AND HEALS REJECTED AND DEFEATED EUSTACE THAT SCENE IS LIKE JESUS HEALING SOMEONE VERY VERY DIVINE

LOVE ASLAN

"WHEN ASLAN COMES IN SIGHT EVEN WRONG BECOMES RIGHT"

Storied Cities said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I loved the Narnia books as a kid, and I hope my boys will love them to. I'm glad to have found your blogs!

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks for YOUR comments! Glad to have found your blog too.