Saturday, May 15, 2010

MotherReader's 48-Hour Book Challenge: A Weekend For MANLY MEN!

Hey all you reader guys in blogland, the CARLMAN has signed himself up for a challenge worthy of all MANLY MEN, especially all MANLY READER GUYS. One of the great book bloggers, MotherReader, has announced her fifth annual 48 Hour Book Challenge. The goal is to read as hours as you can in the weekend of June 4-6. Sounds like a challenge worthy of the CARLMAN! I wll also challenge you guys to read that weekend. Of course, I will give out prizes to those who also read that weekend. Not only will I challenge you to read, but I will also challenge you to donate money to the library system for every hour that I read. My goal is to read 12 hours that weekend. "TWELVE HOURS?" you say. Some may think that's a lot; some may not think it's much at all. Well, that's my goal. That's a full quarter of a weekend and that's enough to be do-able and still be enough of a challenge to prove that, when it comes to reading, the CARLMAN is an IRON GUY!! (I would say IRON MAN, but someone else is already using it)
Stay tuned, guys. I'll give you more details as it gets closer.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Boys Book Club this afternoon!

No comments: