Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Monstrumologist, Alex Rider, Mike Tahler, and the Kane Chronicles (by Rick Riordan!)

Hey, all reader guys, this is the very busy CARLMAN with a few quick items. First, our faithful follower Jana sent a note about Darth Bill's review of The Monstrumologist and the new Alex Rider book.

The Monstrumologist sounds really good but everyone talks so much about the gore I don't know if I can "stomach" reading it!

Are you as excited as I am about the newest Alex Rider (Crocodile Tears) coming out this week? As you might know from my earlier rave about young James Bond I have a thing for teenage boy spies, and Alex is about my favorite. Every boy I have recommended the Alex Rider books to have enjoyed them--almost as much as I have! I hope you have read them because I think the are the bomb.

Thanks, Jana! I have to confess that I haven't read any of the Alex Rider books and that's too bad. Everyone says they're great. Maybe I can read one after I catch up on the books I'm reading now.

Then we had a good time with author and funny guy Mike Thaler today. He read from a couple of his books, drew pictures, and told us how to make up riddles. Maybe he'll give us an interview one day. In the meantime, go get his Black Lagoon books! They're funny!

And we'll finish with some big news. Our friends at the Percyquest website posted a video of Rick Riordan at the Texas Book Festival, talking about his new Egyptian mythology series (called The Kane Chronicles) and reading from the first chapter! I listened to it and, man, I'm hooked already! Here you go:





2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

I have a pretty low gore tolerance, but I was enthralled by the book. Would I give it to under 6th graders? Hmmm. Maybe not.

Darth Corder said...

I agree Ms. Yingling. Thanks for the reader age advisement.