Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What To Read? What To Read?

Hey, everyone, it's Carl again, trying to tough out the constant pain. But, being the manly man that I am, I won't let that stop me from blogging!

We got some good comments yesterday from our brother readers at the SMS Guys Read blog. (You can read them under the Comments section of yesterday's post) There was one in particular that I wanted to talk about. It was from Koko B. Ware:


Hey guys,Its Koko B. Ware here. I was just wanting to know if you knew of any good books that I should try out. I am at a point in my life where I have read everything I can think of and I am at a loss for words, Literally!So if you guys could think of anything that you thought was interesting, send me a comment on guysread and let me know.

Thanks Guys,

Koko B. Ware

We're glad you asked! This brings up a couple of things we need to remind you of every now and then. First, if you want to find some good reads, scroll down the page and see what we've recommended lately. Or go over to the Blog Archives on the left-hand side of the page and see what we've posted this month. Click on the title of any post and it'll come up. You can also click on the little triangle by each month and bring the posts for that month. Or you can click on the little triangles by the other years, bring up the months for that year, then check out the posts for each month.

OR--and here's the big thing I wanted to say--you could go the section titled, "Here are Some Links to..." and check out the sites. All of them have links to good book sites but check out this one especially--it's the sixth one from the top. It's titled, "Here is a list of all the books we've talked about..." It's a list of all the books Bill, Zack, and I have written about AND all the books that YOU ALL have told us about. We've broken down the list into Chapter Books, Graphic Novels, Series Paperbacks, Nonfiction, and Others. We listed the title of each book and the date it was reviewed so that you can go back and read that review. Also notice that the underlined titles are the books that YOU READERS have told us about!! So go over and take a look. Go on. It's easy to find. You're bound to find something good. AND--that list can be printed!!

So print it off and impress your friends! Your teachers!! Your parents!!! Be the first one on your block to...wait a minute, I'm starting to sound like a retro commercial.
Well, I hope you find something good, Koko. And all you other reader guys too. And write and tell us what you find!

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

And don't forget to check out the blog roll. If these wonderful librarians have already recommended the good books in their library, you might want to see what other librarians are recommending.

Ms. Yingling said...

Hey, I'm giving away three Patrick Carman books over at MsYinglingReads. Encourage your readers to enter!