Thursday, February 12, 2009

Avengers digging Tunnels at the Smithsonian!!!

Greetings again all you fine residents in the land of Blog!!!!! Tis I Darth Bill and I am greatly excited about a number of things. The first being that the sequel to Tunnels (click Here to see my review of that book), Deeper has just come out and I checked out from the library today. Man I can't wait to dig (get it dig - Hahahahahahahahahaha, I kill myself sometimes) into this one starting tonight.







Also I was looking on the Internet to see what cool movies will be coming out this summer and found "Night at The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian." I loved the first movie, starring Ben Stiller, and this one looks like it is going to be pretty funny also. Check it out:






Preview for Night at The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian


Well that's quite enough silliness, I say!!!!! Now for some reviews of some killer books and graphic novels I have read recently:



Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney -

Man this is a book series that just gets better and funnier with each new addition. The continuing adventures of Greg Heffley to navigate the traitorous waters of school and home life continues in this third volume. Greg chronicles his day to day existence in this diary formatted book in with he shares his triumphs and really and not so great accomplishments that any guy no matter how young or old can totally identify with because we did or have done very similar things that while at the moment may not seem funny, but down the line make us look back and laugh hysterically (the drawings that accompany the stories are pretty dog gone funny also and really add to the book). In this book Greg has to face many challenges that he deals with in his own unique style such as being forced to play team soccer by his dad, having to be responsible for his own laundry (gesh!!!), and somehow avoid being sent to a summer military academy. I ask you, what's a guy got to do to get a fair chance in this here life? Read this book to see how Greg manages to get by despite all this adversity!!!!! I tell ya I cried laughing at some of the events in this terrific book and finished it way to fast; I'm gonna die waiting for the next one. Two Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!




Marvel Adventures The Avengers: Some Assembling Required - Do you like adventure? Do you like good laughs? Do you like Super Hero Team Ups? Do you like cool stories and art? Well do I have the book for you. In this volume of the very cool Avengers' Graphic Novels (the core team of this volume is made up of Captain America, Storm, Spider-Man, Giant-Girl, Iron Man and Wolverine) we have guess stars galor and super baddies to the extreme. The first story has one of my favorite Marvel Superheroes: "Hawkeye." He is an expert archer with all kinds of cool trick arrows (He is the Marvel equivalent to Green Arrow; also one of my all time favorite Super Heroes). What makes the story he appears in even cooler is that the Avengers are taking on the New Masters of Evil (made up of Man-Bull, The Melter, Whirlwind and Egghead). Loved this story. Other stories in this book feature such special guest as The Vision (an android that is all to human), the mythical Hercules, and the mutant Quicksilver (taking on the Super Adaptoid).

Well until next time all - Happy Trails,

Bill

No comments: