Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Neutral Party Writes In

We have just received a new review, but I can't tell if it's from a boy or a girl. It's signed Anonymous, so I don't know. Let's hear it:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "
A Call To Arms!": I have a review for the blog. I just finished a very cool book called "Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?" It is by AVI. The story is all about a brother and sister who are twins, Toby and Becky. There is a very neat puzzle within the mystery of who stole a copy of "The Wizard of Oz" from a school library. There is both action and suspense. I'm now starting the second book by Charlie Fletcher,"Ironhand". The first book "Stoneheart" was hard to put down so I expect the same from this one.

Very good, Anonymous. Avi writes very good books. Click on the label below to see what other Avi books we've reviewed. Bill wrote about the Stoneheart book on May 30 and Ironhand on August 29. They sound good to me too!

But the big question is: are you on the boys' side or the girls' side? Or maybe you're not on either side. Maybe you're a peace-loving soul who just wants us all to read together in peace.Well, we boys are noble creatures and would not harm the tiniest fly. Even when we slice our enemies to bits with light sabers, it's all in good clean fun. But we were forced into this battle by a hostile takeover by the girls! So, until the girls cease this totally-unprovoked and vicious attack on us innocent boys, we will have to defend ourselves!! Can we hear it, guys? We need three more boys to write in to even the odds--four or more to win!!

Carl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous here! Put my vote with the guys! Girls are ok and I too hope we all simply read and share that love for reading. I thought reveiwing a book with both a girl and a guy as the main characters should show if we work together we all can win! PEACE!