Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Call To Arms!

ALL RIGHT!!! A manly man named Cy has responded to our cry of distress! Our blog is danger of a hostile takeover by the girls of Mrs. Smith's 4th-grade class at Metrolina Scholar's Academy. (see yesterday's post) Let's hear Cy's brave response to this brazen attack:


hey, its cy, from Mrs. Smith's third grade. I'm not letting any girls take over.boys in Mrs. Smith's class(fourth and third). write in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good, Cy! But did he just stop there? NO!! He got out his manly pencil and wrote two reviews!!

Star Wars Pop-up by Matthew Reinheart

If you don't know much about the Star Wars galaxy, this is the book for you. The pop-ups are huge. The book has almost everything about the Star Wars galaxy. but I think that the working light sabers are the coolest. I recommend this book.

Sardine 5 by Emmanuel Guibert

Don't turn this book away Just because the main character is a girl, this series is full of missing brains to scamcorders. when I read this book, I was laughing all night. If you have questions, read the book.

OK, Cy!! You've made want to read the Sardine series! We've had them at our library, but they're checked out now. Maybe I'll get it from one of the others.

But wait!! Cy was not the only boy to stride out bravely to defend our blog; Evan also came forth with a review:

Magic Tree House: Hour of the Olympics by Mary Pope Osborne

Jack and Annie get to go to ancient greece. I liked it because I like the olympics and history. I recommend it for people who like to learn because I learned that girls use to not be able to watch the olympics in ancient greece.

Good work, Evan! I like the Olympics too. Did you get to watch much of it? If you read the book You Wouldn't Want to Be a Greek Athlete: Races You'd Rather Not Run by Michael Ford (I reviewed it on January 11, 2008), you'd see why girls couldn't watch the ancient Olympics!!

But we need more, guys! We had five girls write in yesterday and two today. We need to hear from three boys to match their numbers--more to outnumber them! And what about the rest of you guys out there? Are you going to let your fellow boys be over run?

Calling for reinforcements,

Carl

PS--If you write in, you'll not only defend the blog, you'll be able to get a free book from the Imaginon or Matthews libraries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a review for the blog.
I just finished a very cool book called "Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?"
It is by AVI. The story is all about a brother and sister who are twins,
Toby and Becky. There is a very neat puzzle within the mystery of who stole a copy of "The Wizard of Oz" from a school library. There is both action and suspense. I'm now starting the second book by Charlie Fletcher,"Ironhand". The first book "Stoneheart" was hard to put down so I expect the same from this one.