Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bill and Carl Are Proud to Present a New Member of the Team!!

Bill and I have been running this blog for over a year now. Well, we have have a new friend who's been dying to join our team, so let's welcome ZACK, a new librarian who joined PLCMC a little while ago and works at the Matthews library. In fact, here's a video to introduce him to all of you: (be careful--the opening music may blast out your eardrums!)









Yes, it will be interesting having a Jedi Master and a Sith Lord on the same blog! But, in the spirit of the ancient Greeks who called a truce on all wars while the Olympics were on, Zack and Bill have agreed not to cut each other in half--not yet, anyway.

But why listen to me? Let's get Zack to introduce himself. Heeeeere's Zack!


Hey, Guys, it's great to be here. I would like to extend a big thanks to Carl and Bill for inviting me to be a part of this blog! I'll do my best to find great books to tell you guys about. I am currently reading the new Tony DiTerlizzi book Kenny & the Dragon. You should see my review of that soon.

The reason I am glad to be here is that my favorite thing about being in a library is hearing about how much guys like to read! We all know that guys make better readers than girls, and it is time we let the world know! To let you know what kind of stuff I like to read, my top 5 reads for guys are: Bone, Gregor the Overlander, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, the Lemony Snicket books and pretty much anything related to Batman!

As you probably noticed in the video we put together, I am a Jedi Master. I will agree to hold off chopping Darth Bill in half in the spirit of the Olympic games (but only as long as he behaves himself!).

Thanks, Zack. We're glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to hearing from you. Not looking forward to being the one who has to bring balance to the Force! Yeeesh!

Carl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the 7th book in the Harry Potter series. In this one Harry, Ron, and Hermine drop out of Hogwarts to look for Voldemort's horcuxes. A horcrux is something you can put part of your soul in, enabling you to be immortal until the horcrux is destroyed. The last book suggests that Voldemort has 6 horcruxes. Dumbledore found one (a ring) and Harry found one (Tom Riddle/Voldemort's diary). Harry finds out that HE is the 7th horcux. Then they have to kill Lord Voldemort. During the search for the horcruxes, Harry's wand gets smashed by a Blasting curse accidently by Hermine, so he steals Draco's wand. Draco gets his mother's wand. Harry finds the Elder Wand and fixes his smashed wand. Voldemort tries to kill Harry, but it backfires on him and the piece of Voldemort's soul in Harry is destroyed. This weakens Voldemort. Harry finally kills Voldemort in revenge of his parents' murder. He uses the Avada Kedrava curse. In the epilogue Harry is married to Ginny. Please edit this so I don't spoil it for somebody.