Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Back!!!!! I'm Back in the Saddle Again!!!!!!!


The Sundance Kid and me (Butch) pulling a robbery in the library!!!


Hi all, it is I, the sithest Sith around, Darth Bill. Oh Yea!!!!!!!!! I have not posted in awhile so let's look at some things that have gone on since my last post to Blogland.

Well, first things first, I want to congratulate Collin who entered the Storytubes Competition and made it to the National Level. Well done Collin!!!!!! You Rock Man!!!!!! Check out his review of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke below:




Love the review and I can't wait to read this book myself. We will be sending you the free book you picked out for letting us put this video on the blog to your local branch, Collin. Again, congratulations and good luck in the Nationals. If you want to see other videos from this competition just go to the Storytube Website.

Well, I reckon I'll talk about some books I have read recently, I reckon.


Mail Order Ninja Volume 2: Timmy Strikes Back! by Joshua Elder & Erich Owen - In the first volume of this graphic novel series, Timmy acquired his very own personal Ninja by ordering him through the mail. He acquired the noble and kick-butt Ninja Yoshida Jiro. Under the watchful eye of Jiro, all in Timmy's world has become so much better (even elementary school). Unfortunately in this volume, one of the ex-popular people at school, Felicity Huntington, has sent off for a Mail Order Ninja of her own; the dreaded Hakuryuu Nobunaga! With her own Evil Ninja in hand and the power of the mystic jewel "The Heart of Darkness," she defeats Timmy and Jiro and takes over the entire town. Are Ninja Jiro and his new love interest, the teacher Ms. Melton, in danger of losing their lives????? Will Timmy be able to put together a resistance movement to rescue the two and depose the Evil Felicity and Ninja Nobunaga?????? This graphic novel is a hilarious and a fun read. I recommend it and it's proceeding Volume 1!!!!!






Cool Comics: Creating Fun and Fascinating Collections by Pam Price - Well if you didn't know by now, I'll let out another of my little secrets. I love comics and buy more than a fair share at the greatest Comic Book Store in the world "HEROES AREN'T HARD TO FIND" right here in Charlotte. If you want to know more about them check out there Website at http://www.heroesonline.com/about.html. Also, if you didn't know, this Saturday is Free Comic Book Day. So if you want to pick up some tasty free titles along with meeting some very cool comic writers and artists, check it out. I know I will be there bright and early!!!!!! For more information go to the "HEROES AREN'T HARD TO FIND" Website!!!! Man I love that place. Wait a minute, I was supposed to be reviewing a book, wasn't I? Ah yes, this book is great in that it talks about all the stuff that makes collecting comics a fun and awesome hobby. It goes into the history of comics, the fun of collecting, deciding what to collect (basically what comics you enjoy), information on comic writers and artists, pricing and the grading of comics you may want to acquire, buying comics through many different venues, original art work, action figures and, lastly, organization and storage suggestions. If you love comics, you will like this book. Give it a try. Also, if Spider-Man fought Batman, who do you think would win?

Well, that's all I got for now. Take it easy and peace,

Bill


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huy Guys,

I really enjoyed the video review of Inkheart. I loved the book and look forward to the movie.

We are also looking forward to Rick Riordan's visit and we will be sure to say "hi" for y'all.

Riding off into the sunset,
Rowdy Roddy