Friday, December 14, 2007

Now for Something Really Big!!!!!












My Morning Make A Jedi Cry Ritual!!!!!


Hello all,
It is I, the great and Noble Sith Lord Darth Bill. I have been busy and away from the blog far too long, it appears. Let me address some issues that have arisen while I have been away:

1) Sir Samuel, if I were a mere Jedi I'm sure I would accept your gracious apology. As I am not a cowardly Jedi or Jedi friend, I find myself jiggling with glee that I have reduced you to that oh-so-sad apologetic state. Dear boy, never, ever apologize to a Sith. I am amused by your lack of knowledge in the ways of the dark side. If anyone else feels the need to apologize or grovel at my feet, please feel free to do so as I do enjoy it all so much! Hahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahhahahhhhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!
Oh, I do slay me!

2) Bravo and Hip, Hip Hooray to Mr. Kimmel (I do so love his book "Anansi and the Moss-Covered Rock." He has a great Sithish Sense of humor, I would dare say!) and Mr. Abbott (his "Secrets of Droon" series I am about to start reading. I have heard nothing but good things about them! I wonder if they have in Sith Lords in them? Hum?) for sharing some cool info with us about themselves.



The Sleepmaster - Fighting Crime Before Bedtime!!!

3) I gotta tell ya; I am so disappointed in one Jedi Sympathiser that goes by the name of Mr. Carl. Yes, I think we all know who I am talking about. We recently had a little get together here at the library to celebrate the holidays. Everyone was here for the most part except--guess who? If you said Carl you would be 100% correct. What was his excuse you ask? Was he fighting crime in his costumed identity as "The Sleepmaster?" Noooooooooooooo!!!!! Was he saving the Earth by recycling insane amounts of plastic soda bottles!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! What was his grand and stupendous excuse? He was sleepy and tired!!!!!! That's right at 6:00 p.m. Carl had over stayed his bedtime limit!!!! I gotta say guys this is lamo!!!!!!!!!! He must of had Jedi training in his youth; disgusting I tell ya!!!!!!!

Well now, I really want to talk about one of our new books that I know you cats will dig:

If Dinosaurs were Alive Today by Dougal Dixon - This a a really cool book in many ways. Not only does it give you an Overview of the Story of the Dinosaurs, Lives of the Plant-Eaters, Lives of the Man-Eaters, Lives of the Ocean-Dwellers, Lives of the Flying Reptiles, The End of the Dinosaurs, among many other interesting factoids, but it also hypothesizes through really cool writing and great pictures, like the one on the cove, what life in the here and now would be if some of these great beasts lived today. Some examples shown and written about are: a Tyrannosaurus surprising and attacking a heard of Wild Cattle; a Rhino facing off with a Styracosaurs and many, many more. This is a truly awesome book that needs to be read and looked at to really be appreciated.

Well, peace everyone and have a great holiday season,

Bill "The Kidder" Librarian



No comments: