Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Listen Up! Darth Bill Speaks!

Hello all you brave, noble, and well-read Jedi out there. It is I, Darth Bill, bravest Sith this side of the Outer Rim. Well, well, well I guess I'm going to have to have to wear a dress. Oh, wait a minute, let me recount the Jedi comments: 1, 2, 3, 4 .......... My goodness, it seems I have made a mistake. The Jedi are one commenter short! Well, I must say that I am relieved that I will not be wearing a dress anytime soon (not that I was ever truly worried that I would) and happy to see there are at least 4 literate Jedi out there. Very impressive indeed! Sad, sad, sad. If I were not a Sith, I would cry. Well, enough of this Jedi bashing; let's move on to more interesting subjects, shall we?
Sith Rule, Sith Rule, Sith Rule!!!!!!! Yeah, in your face Jedi!!!!!!! Yea, you know it!!!! Sith are the best!!!!! Yeah, you know it!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!!!Woooooooooo!!!!!! Jedi stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are the best, oh yeah! Go
Sith!!!!
Sith Rule!!!!
Sith Rule!!!!
Sith Rule!!!!





Yes, I feel much better now.

Yes, now on to other matters:

I want to talk about the first book in a really cool series I am reading now (I'm now on the 5th book in the series). The name of the book is "Artemis Fowl" which is the name of the main character in these books by Eoin Colfer. Artemis is a 12 year old who also just happens to be a genius. Unfortunately he uses his great intellect in what most would view as criminal activities. Artemis takes his criminal genius to a new level when he decides to kidnap a fairy for gold. Yes, you read what I said correctly, I said fairy. Artemis and his faithful friend and bodyguard, Butler, discover that, deep beneath the Earth, exists an extremely advanced society of fairy folk composed of elves, pixes, centaurs, goblins, dwarfs and many other creatures. Unfortunately for Artemis and Butler their choice of kidnapping victim is the worst choice they could have possibly made Captain Holly Short, of the LEPrecon (Lower Elements Police Reconnaissance) Unit. Thus starts this great book and series. This book is both full throttle action and full throttle laughs. Highly recommended!!!


I also recently finished reading this really cool graphic novel called Mouse Guard, Fall 1152 by David Peterson. If you are a fan of the Redwall Series by Brian Jacques, or not, and are into great epic adventure stories, you will love this graphic novel. This book tells stories of the famed Mouse Guard, the equivalent of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table. Their duties are to defend the common mouse and defend their hidden cities from intruders and enemies. The main characters in this story are Lieam, Kenzie, and the brash, young Saxon who are investigating the mysterious disappearance of an old merchant mouse. While doing this they discover a traitor in the Mouse Guard, the legendary Black Axe. Other Mouse Guard stories are included in this graphic novel that are equally adventurous tales. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Well take it easy and peace,

Bill





No comments: